Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Mom

I love the expressions on their faces!
These little dolls reside in my sewing room and their cute little outfits were made by my Mom!  My Mom is one of the most talented people in the world!  When I was little, she made me a bunch of Barbie clothes and clothes for my Chrissy doll.  I still have them and they are so fun to pull out and look at because they include bell bottoms and fringed vests of the 60's and 70's - very cool!  If my kids want to see what I wore growing up, they can look at my Barbie's clothes :)
I cannot believe the tiny little sleeves and hems on these clothes.  When my daughters were young, she made Barbie clothes for them too, so we also

A couple of these little babies belong to my daughters

have the 80's and 90's represented, complete with crocheted gowns - absolutely beautiful.My Mom also knits, crochets, decorates cakes, paints - you name it, she can do it!  I have always been very amazed and impressed by her talent and her willingness to share it with others.  My youngest daughter takes after her as far as loving to try new things and learn new skills.  My oldest daughter is more like me, finding one or two things she enjoys and sticking with them.  Whichever way we are, I think God is pleased that we are trying to use the talents He has given us and sharing them with others.  Thank you Mom for being a good example of this to me!

1 comment:

  1. You and your Mother are both amazing. You really have special daughters as well!

    ReplyDelete