Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Great Quilting Friends

 Yesterday I was able to go to lunch with some of my dear quilting friends.  From left to right is Lori, Annie and Sherida.
Lori made these adorable cupcake potholders and gave us each one!  She is so talented - she can just look at something and then make one - just like my Mom always did!  She used fun fabrics and they all had "chocolate" frosting - almost good enough to eat!  Cupcakes are a real weakness of mine and we have a new cupcake shop in town.  I think Lori should make a few more potholders to sell in the cupcake shop :)
My cupcake is the one on the left!



Annie is the quilter friend who got me started making miniature quilts.  She is very talented at making miniatures and her home is filled with tiny masterpieces.  Awhile back I was able to teach her back-basting hand appliqué.  She made a gorgeous hand appliquéd quilt and her "Thursday Quilters" hand quilting group quilted it on her quilting frame.  She recently entered it in the Montrose, CO quilt show where it was admired by the crowds.
Sherida does a lot of art quilts and is truly a woman of many talents.  She also writes a quilting column each week for our local paper!  I read it every Sunday - my hubby makes sure to save it for me :)

1 comment: