Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Murphy Bed

Sometimes my sewing room has to double as a guest room.  We used to have a daybed in there but no one ever wanted to sleep in there because it was only a twin sized bed.  (No one, meaning any of our kids :)
Mike started investigating Murphy Beds and alas - problem solved!  We now have a QUEEN sized bed in there and, when closed, it takes up LESS space than the daybed!  It looks like I have a ton of cupboard space, but the drawers on the right and the hanging closet above them are nice.  And the open shelves are great for my quilt books and other knick knacks.


Some friends stayed with us last night and their 12 year old daughter slept in there and said, "I LOVE this room!"  She's also a beginning quilter though, so I think she liked sleeping in the same room as all my fabric :)

1 comment: