Monday, September 16, 2013

Design Wall??

I pressed and pressed yesterday and finally got all of the wedges ironed onto the brown background fabric!  Aren't these blocks pretty?  I love them!  I think we are going to have the best dressed Murphy Bed in the county!

I laid them (this is really less than half of them) out on my sewing room floor so I could see how all of the fabrics were working together and I started thinking about Design Walls.  As quilters, we hear over and over that we NEED to have a design wall, that we just cannot design a quilt without one.  Some teachers even put "portable
design wall" on their supply list.  At our old house, Mike made a design wall for me in my sewing hallway (I did not have a sewing room in that house, but I had a design wall.  In this house I have a sewing room and no design wall :)  Anyway - I pinned so much "stuff" up on my design wall - kind of like a bulletin board - that when it came time to lay out a quilt top, I put it on the floor anyway!  So I really have to say that I have not missed that design wall, and with the Murphy Bed, I have so much more floor space on my "design floor" in my sewing room that I am really quite happy with my set up :)  Back to Market Fresh!
Oh, one more thing!  Last night I showed these blocks to Mike and he said, "They really pop!"  I thought, "Did he just say 'they really pop'?"  You can tell he's been hanging around quilters because he has the lingo down pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment