Sunday, October 6, 2013

Finished!

This morning, while listening to our Church's General Conference, I finished the edges on my last three wool banners!  This was the project for Wool Gatherer's Club at Hi Fashion this year, and as I said, I have been running a month behind.  I decided to finish up the last quarter in a timely fashion and in the words of one youngster I saw recently, who was proud of his accomplishment, "I'm happy with myself!"


You can find the patterns for these banners at lilyannastitches.com, or Hi Fashion may still have some.


To the right is September's banner, which will be displayed next year, and below is November's.


Here is December's.  I only became interested in wool about a year ago.  My husband and I went to Ireland in 2012 for the very first International Quilt Festival in Galway.  We had SO much fun in Ireland - loved it!  One of the quilt show vendors was Pauline Openneer (www.irishcountryquilting.net) I bought some squares of Irish wool from her and there began my love of working with wool.  I took a class there from Pauline as well and made a bag, which I will post tomorrow.
I became more involved with wool through Laura Pedge of Laura's Home, and now have my own little "stash" of wool, which of course I needed to buy the containers for :)  I am particularly enjoying combing wool appliqué on cotton backings in quilts and other projects and I really admire the work of Sue Spargo, who uses that technique a lot.
Have a wooly wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment