Thursday, November 14, 2013

Reiko Kato

First of all I keep forgetting to mention that I watched a video on The Quilt Show website of Rob Appell interviewing someone from RJR Fabrics.  She was showing him some of the new fabric lines that premiered at Fall Market.  One was called Ink Blossom and it looked very Zentangle like!  We will have to keep an eye out for it - it's really pretty.  I am most excited though about the Downton Abbey fabrics coming out this month :)

I've mentioned before how much I like Reiko Kato's work, with her adorable little Sunbonnet Sue babies.  In Houston they had an exhibit of her quilts and quilts made by students of hers called "World of Mother's Dream".  Following are some of these amazing quilts.


"What Shall We Do?" by Junko Hashizume

The hand appliqué on all of these quilts is incredible.

"Summer" (My Dream Quilts) by Reiko Kato


"Hand in Hand" by Reiko Kato



"Country Village" by Fumiko Fujiwara


"En" by Reiko Kato



"Walking Road" by Kazuko Nakasha



A full view of "Hand in Hand" by Reiko Kato



"Sunbonnet Sue" by Masae Hara



"Spring" (My Dream Quilts) by Reiko Kato


"Blue Tone" by Aki Sakai



I bought two of Reiko's books from a vendor booth called Quilt Mania (from France).  I used Japanese fabrics when I made my first little Sunbonnet Sue baby quilt, but I would like to make some more wall hangings using some brighter fabrics or perhaps 30's fabrics.  Her patterns are so cute and the book on the left has some GREAT projects in it, besides quilts - little bags and all kinds of fun stuff.  If you're interested in checking out these books you can find them on www.quiltmania.com and they do have an English site.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment