Wednesday, January 8, 2014

All Set!

Tonight I am doing the program for the CO West Quilt Guild.  They asked me several months back to do a program on Sashiko, so I have been preparing for it for awhile, but finished up the details yesterday and just finished packing up stuff today.  I have to thank my husband for taking quilts off the wall for me and for hanging them back up again when I get home!  Now I know why these speakers charge so much - and my "trunk show" is not very big compared to most!  Oh well, it will be fun - I am looking forward to it.  I asked that rather than get paid, the guild purchase supplies for small Sashiko kits so everyone will get to try it.  I hope that all have a great time - that's my goal :)
I started a hand appliqué project today!  I haven't done hand appliqué in awhile.  I cannot say too much about it because this year long project is for my daughters for Christmas next year!  (I'm making two)  I am excited about them though.  I also heard a neat quilting story from a friend this morning and got permission to share it, so watch for that in the next day or two.  I will take some pictures tonight and post how the program goes.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment