Thursday, February 27, 2014

Busy!


It has been a busy week! I haven't really been in the sewing room for any significant amount of time for about a week and a half.  
Today however I had time to go in there and I finished sewing together my two - Month 2 -blocks for The Quilt Show block of the month.  Each block corresponds to the letter.  The B is the Basket block, the C is Colorado Beauty and D is Ducks and Ducklings.  I hand appliquéd the letters using the back-basting method.

The star and leaves are appliquéd with wool to give them a little texture.


This whole section only measures about 7"x10". These pieces are pretty tiny!  It's fun and challenging to be working small again.  It is helping me get ready and motivated to pull out my Dear Jane blocks and work on those again!

After finished those two blocks, I pulled out my Zentangle piece and added a little bit more to it.  I find this very relaxing - just what I needed!

A friend of mine sent me a picture today of a quilt she saw at the MANifestations exhibit at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Golden.  It had a lot of Sashiko in it and looked amazing in the picture.  I hope to make it over to Golden before April 29th to see the exhibit.  Following is more information from the museum's website.



                                            January 31 through April 29, 2014
MANifestations
Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum's Twelfth Biennial Exhibit
of Quilts Made By Men


Juried by Bill Gardner, Editor in Chief of Quilters Newsletter
When the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum presented “Man Made,”
the first exhibit of quilts made exclusively by men, in 1992,museum visitors were surprised.
Were there really men working in what was traditionally thought of as a woman’s art form?
The novelty has long since worn off, and the RMQM biennial showcase of quilts made by men continues
to be one of its most anticipated and popular exhibits.
Male artists in increasing numbers are choosing fiber as a means of expression,
and you will find them as individuals as varied and diverse a group as the quilts in the exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment