Monday, March 10, 2014

Quilter's Spouses are Nice People Too

Yesterday I wrote about how nice quilters are and I feel like I need to follow that up by saying how nice quilter's spouses are.
At the retreat on Saturday I overheard one woman talking about how supportive her husband is of her quilting.  She said, "he cooks and vacuums, and if I had needed his help today, he would have hauled all of my stuff over here for me and carried it all in, and then come back to get me and haul it all home again!"
I have taken many classes and have seen many husbands do exactly that!
I've also seen spouses lounging around at quilt stores in the comfy chairs, waiting for their loved ones to do their shopping - no hurry, take your time!  I've seen wives bringing their husbands into the sewing machine shops and showing them the new latest, greatest machine that costs thousands of dollars and hearing the husband say, "I think you should get it!"  My husband took me to Houston the first time I went and walked miles around the convention center with me looking at quilts, AND the vendor mall, not only carrying all my purchases but standing in line for me so I could keep shopping.  Yes, there were many jealous ladies that year!
So I just want to give a shout out to all of the supportive spouses out there who cook and clean and carry and shop and in all ways help us be able to do what we love to do - QUILT!  Every once in awhile they get a quilt out of the deal, like this one I made for my hubby for his birthday in 2008.  I don't think I've made him once since though ..... perhaps it's time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment