Sunday, April 13, 2014

Barnes and Noble Fundraiser

Yesterday I worked for a few hours at the Barnes and Noble fundraiser for the CO West Quilt Guild.  The woman in charge does an outstanding job getting ready for this fundraiser and making it a success.
There were four of us from the guild working there at the time I was there, plus several others throughout the day, and beforehand, making bookmarks and purses to give away.
I brought some handwork to work on while I sat at my table.  I brought everything I needed except a needle!  The others brought handwork as well though so luckily Judy had extra needle and gave me one.
The picture above is an "Orange Peel" block that Kathy was working on made from her stash of 30's fabrics.  This quilt is going to be awesome.  She is hand appliquéing the whole thing.


Jenny had set up displays showing the many community projects the guild is involved in, such as making small doll blankets for these tiny dolls.  Others make the dolls and cradles for children in need and many in the guild make the little blankets.
 Here I am sitting at my table - Betty had stepped away for a moment.  (We had to do a little shopping while we were there too of course!)

There were some really fun fabric bookmarks made by guild members that we could give away to anyone who wanted one.

Several comfort quilts were on display too.  These quilts are made by members and given away to various organizations in town.

I had one woman stop by the table to enquire about the guild meetings, when they're held and what we do.  I gave her the information, plus the web address and email address were on the back of the bookmarks - so I hope she comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment