Thursday, April 24, 2014

Eight Hands All Around and Janet's Lamb


Yesterday I was able to finish catching up on the two TQS block of the month quilts I am working on.  This month I made block "e" - Eight Hands All Around, and block "j" - Janet's Lamb (named for Janet Stone the quilt's designer I'm sure!)

Appliquéing the "e" was REALLY hard, and it doesn't look all that great.  That little green square on which the "e" is appliquéd is only one inch!  Luckily, that is the smallest letter on the quilt - phew!  I'm not sure I could do that again.

I used wool for the lambs - just had to - I couldn't make a lamb out of cotton!  The little stars are wool also, as they are on the other blocks too.  You will notice that my sheep are a little different on each block.  I used different wool to make them slightly different.


The fun part this month is that I got to sew everything I've made so far together.  10 letters down, 16 to go!  Part of me wishes I was only making one of these half sized alphabet quilts, because they are pretty difficult and time consuming, but I am this far so I will finish them both!  I hope they turn out great and will make nice gifts for someone someday :)


I  think I am caught up on my "monthly projects" for this month so today I am going to make an iPad cover for a gift and then work on my challenge quilt for CWQG!  I better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment