Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tula Pink

I have been fascinated with the work of Tula Pink lately.  The modern miniature quilt I am working on is inspired by her book "100 Modern Quilt Blocks" and after watching her on the latest episode on The Quilt Show I had to pick up her book "Quilts From the House of Tula Pink".
I love her work!  She designs fabric, quilts etc.  She was so fun to watch on The Quilt Show.  I especially loved it when she told Ricky Tims that if a fabric doesn't have an animal on it, then it reads as a solid :)  You can see slide shows of her work on the TQS website of her quilts and her fabulous house which is an old barn converted into retail space, quilt studio and living space.  And of course you must check out her own website at TulaPink.com.  What a creative lady!
I have three more blocks to make for my modern mini before putting it together.  (I made five blocks yesterday.)  Then I will need to figure out how to quilt this little thing!  More on that next week!
Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment