Monday, June 30, 2014

Another Monthly Project

Another monthly project I'm working on this year is Saturday in the City - out of Tula Pink's Modern Quilt Blocks book.  I'm supposed to make ten blocks each month and so far I'm keeping up!  I just made the ten blocks for June this weekend.
The first two months I really struggled with my fabric choices, contrast, and using large prints.  I think I am starting to get the hang of it, although some of these blocks still do not have a lot of contrast.  In some cases though, that was by choice!


I am getting kind of excited to see all of these in one quilt!


I really like the two above a lot.  You can see on the right that I already found a way to use that iron fabric!  Does anyone else have a hard time getting good yellow fabric?  I do not have a lot of great yellows in my stash for some reason.

OK, no more excuses - time to work on that wedding quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment