Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Little Bits Challenges

CO West Quilt Guild isn't the only group that challenges me!  My miniature group, the Little Bits has regular challenges too.  Here are a few of the quilts I've made for those.

This is a quarter size version of a mystery quilt done at Quilter's Corner.  Some of our members made it half size and some quarter size.  Mine is about 14 x 18 inches.  This was made in 2010.


This one we did years ago.  We exchanged Christmas fabric and had to use it in this cups pattern we got from the Miniature Quilts magazine.  Mine is called "Cookies and Cocoa", since I am not a coffee drinker.  It was made in 2003.

We challenged ourselves to do a Row Quilt in miniature.  Mine is mostly paper pieced and it's called "Megan's Garden Quilt" because my daughter is the gardener in our family.  It was made in 2005.

I loved our little house challenge. We had to make little two-inch house blocks - enough for everyone in the group - and they had to have some of the blue and black check fabric in them. We could then assemble the quilt however we chose.  Mine is called The Friendly Quilting Neighborhood and was made in 2004.  We had taken a trip to Hawaii so I brought back some Hawaiian fabric made little Happy Hula Huts for my house block :)  Oh, we had to sign them too.

The Little Bits have another challenge in progress too - I will have to explain more about that later, AND I really need to get working on it!


Project update!  The foundation is poured, the framing should begin this week!  Then it will really start looking like something :)

Off to Hi Fashion for a Bernina Foot class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment