Friday, September 26, 2014

Animal Inspiration

I have seen some pretty spectacular animal- inspired quilts, although I have not yet made one.  If you are inspired by animals, here are some pictures I took at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs for you to enjoy :)


The giraffe exhibit was a blast.  You can get up close and personal with them, especially if you purchase some lettuce to feed them.  They have really LONG, gray tongues.  I shouldn't have been surprised at how long their tongues are, but I was.  Really Long.

The little Meerkat posing above.


When I first saw the sloth at the left, I thought it was fake because it is not IN a cage, it was in front of the cage.


Then it moved and kind of freaked me out.


And then I saw this sign....

There was a mother dear and two babies bounding through the zoo, and eating.  They were not afraid of anyone or anything and didn't seem to mind having their picture taken.


Mike said he hoped they didn't accidentally bound into the lion's cage!



We could quite up close and personal with the porcupines too.  However they smell so bad, I was happy not to get too close, or for too long.

There were two grizzly bears that came right down to the glass and put on quite a show.  I was very thankful there was glass in between me and them.  They are HUGE.




This would make a great quilt though wouldn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment