Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bigger Minis

Last year I made two each of the Monthly Minis for my daughters - you've seen those posted on my blog all year.  This year Hi Fashion is doing a larger size monthly wall hanging by the same designer.  I decided that I have enough fabric (well... for these anyway.  No quilter really has "enough" fabric, do they?), and did not need the kit so I just purchased the patterns and hangers and will be using fabrics from my own stash.  These will also be a gift - more on that later.
So this is what I've been working on!  I actually quilted this one yesterday so it is further along than this photo shows.  I will post pictures of the first three very soon.  I am using hand appliqué and hand embroidery and finishing them with machine quilting.
Speaking of hand appliqué and hand embroidery - I watched a great show featuring Lynette Anderson from Australia on The Quilt Show this week.  She does amazing work and you can learn more about her at:
lynetteandersondesigns.com.au

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment