Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

I hope everyone has had fun ringing in the new year!  I had fun with my family playing games, watching movies and watching the ball drop :)  I can hardly believe it's 2015 already though!



Here are a few of my favorite pottery pieces from the exhibit at The Art Center.  I believe all of these pieces are for sale - just in case you're interested!





This one was called a Raku vessel, which I learned on Wikipedia, is a type of Japanese pottery that is traditionally used in the Japanese Tea Ceremony.







I commented yesterday that the older Amish quilts appeared to have nicer materials and better workmanship than the more recently made quilts did.  I need to point out that I'm speaking only of this exhibit.  I'm not saying that all recently- made Amish quilts have poorer workmanship - not at all!  There are beautifully made Amish quilts from many different years, made by many different people.  I am not sure where or how the quilts for this exhibit were acquired, but they are selling a book about the exhibit at The Art Center for $15 if you're interested in finding out.




Now... I need to get the year started off right by spending some time in my quilt studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment