Thursday, February 26, 2015

I Cannot Count My Day Complete...

I recently received an email from a quilt shop, My Girlfriend's in Logan, Utah, with this quote:
I cannot count my day complete till needle, thread, and fabric meet.
The email went on about her love of handwork (yes!  me too!) and encouraged everyone to try some hand embroidery.  She mentioned a site with very good video tutorials on some basic embroidery stitches.  If you're interested, go check out:
www.SublimeStitching.com

For the past couple of months I've been having pain and swelling in the thumb/wrist area of my right hand (and more recently my left)!  It's sad to think that is might be caused by or limit my hand sewing!  So sad indeed because my hand sewing is what keeps me awake while watching TV programs :)  Plus I just enjoy doing it and making pretty things.  Anyway, I've self-diagnosed my problem via the internet (of course :) and I'll try some helps and see what happens.  If my self-diagnosis is correct, it can get better, so that is good news.

Check out this cute little bunny that my friend Michelle made, by hand.  Fun embroidery stitches and embellishments and just in time for Easter and Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment