Thursday, November 5, 2015

Polyester

Someone from church asked me to get six quilts ready to tie, by getting backing fabric and pinning the "quilt sandwich" together.  I have spent all of my free time today doing that!  Luckily, the quilts are not large, only about 45 inches square.  However they are made out of polyester!  We are talking your grandmother's 1960's clothes polyester.... I asked my husband what he thought of them and he very diplomatically said, "Some are more fortunate looking than others."  This is not nice soft polyester - it was almost painful to work on them.  And you really cannot iron those seams flat!  That was almost too much...

I used fleece for the backing, which is also polyester, but at least it feels nice and soft.  So someone could snuggle up in that side of the quilt :)
So, they are done and ready to tie.  I did my job.  I hope they find a good home and good use somewhere....

1 comment: