Wednesday, February 17, 2016

English Paper Piecing

I opted to English paper piece this corner block in my DJ quilt.  The Sarah K. Francis instructions called for piecing and appliquéing but I decided it looked like a good candidate for English paper piecing, even though that is not my favorite technique.
I found that copying the block on cardstock  gave me the EPP templates that I needed and it really went together well!


I had to release the edges on the brown pieces so I could sew it into the block.  I am very happy with the way it turned out and I will post a finished picture soon!






And for all you Survivor fans out there - the new season started tonight!  More Brains, Brawn and Beauty!  I used to think I could survive on this show but now I know I wouldn't last three days - especially if a bug crawled in my ear ..... Eww!!

No comments:

Post a Comment