Saturday, March 12, 2016

Let Your Quilt Do the Talking

We learned a lot of great tips and tricks in Sharon's lecture and in her class.  She likes to put words on her quilts and she explained her technique.  I've seen many of her quilts before and I always thought the words were reverse appliquéd, like the technique I learned from Dierdre McElroy called Channel Appliqué. But Sharon's technique involves Micron Pigma Pens! She explained her process and it sounds so simple I'm going to have to try it!



 We also got a bonus in class as she explained her processes for Piped Binding in a faced quilt, Piping in regular and biased binding, Tubing in a Faced Binding, Two- toned Prairie Points with a Faced Binding.

Ah!  I learned so much!  Now I just need to practice, practice, practice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment