Thursday, May 19, 2016

Pinning Jane


Yesterday I pinned three quilts!  I am ready to begin machine quilting again, which I haven't done for awhile.



The first two are baby quilts.  I put minkie on the back and will probably quilt an all over design on both to get me warmed up and ready to quilt Dear Jane.


Luckily before I pinned Jane I remembered that I needed to mark the scallops.  This was a dilemma.  I thought about making my scallops bigger than the original quilt, going across two triangles instead of every one.  I was thinking that would be easier to put a binding on, because a scallop on every triangle is going to be a bear to bind.  I couldn't find a circle stencil large enough so I was going through my cupboards trying to find a bowl the right size (I discovered that none of my plates are round!)


The purple bowl worked great and I made a freezer paper template and started marking the larger scallops.

I got half of the quilt marked and decided I didn't like them!  Ah!

So I ended up marking a small scallop on each triangle, as is done in the original quilt and I will have to deal with the binding when the time comes :)

Oh and I had a circle stencil just the right size for those too.



All pinned and ready for quilting!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment