Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What is Your Word for 2017?


I've read a couple of quilting blogs today that talked about choosing a word to focus on for 2017.  Leah Day https://leahday.com chose the words Simple and Open. She says, " Those are my words for the year. I want to be open to working with more quilters, collaborating to create beautiful projects, and open to new experiences and opportunities to learn." In her podcast she also said that she tends to make things more difficult than they have to be, hence the SIMPLE.

Anna Bates http://wooliemammoth.blogspot.com (not the Downton Abbey Anna Bates :) said, "I also encourage you to pick a word for the year as a focal point for not only how you want your next year to bloom, but also how you would like your quilting life to develop. My word for this year is Detox...I like the power of it and the motivation I feel when I say it!  I am going to detox the negative from my life...whether it is the negative tabloids or negative people, and I am giving up self judgment...totally detoxing it from my life!!!  I love quilting and get such joy from stitching...I no longer want to hear myself in a self-deprecating mantra talking about how much fabric I have...or how I need to finish one thing before starting another...NOPE...no more quilt spanking going on in my life. 2017 will be the year I detox all the negatives out of my life  I hope you will consider what you would want your word to be for 2017."

Hmmm.... What should be my word for 2017?  I will have to ponder that question and let you know.  In the meantime, if you have a word, I'd love to hear it!  Please leave a comment and let us know what your word is!  (I do love Anna's "no more quilt spanking going on in my life"!). We could probably all use a little DETOX, SIMPLE and OPEN.  I'll let you know my word when I figure it out!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I thought of lots of different words but I think an important one for me right now is perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word is Joy - It is my mother's name and means so much at Christmas time as well as all through the year. I have Joy in my life everyday because of my mother's name and have things around the house with "Joy" on them...all year round.

    ReplyDelete