Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Inspirational Mug Mats

On Monday I took at class with Lorraine at Hi Fashion and made 14 inspirational mug mats - well I got the tops done at least.  They still need to be quilted and bound.  I made mine 5x7 inches.  My friend Pam has made several mug mats for me on her embroidery machine and I use them all the time. I plan to use these for gifts.
The class was a ton of fun!  Lorraine is a great teacher and it's always fun to see what fabrics everyone else is using :)

A couple of weeks ago I asked Jeff at Hi Fashion if he could order for me the new Aurifil 80 weight cotton thread.  They had a special deal on the complete set.  They had it there for me to pick up when I went in on Monday and is it ever beautiful!
My plan is to use this thread for hand appliqué and for machine quilting miniature quilts and other quilting where I don't want to thread to show much, but just create texture.  Isn't this delicious looking?  I may just have to admire it for a little while.....

No comments:

Post a Comment