Monday, July 31, 2017

Volcano National Park

I am going to bore you with a few vacation photos because it's kind of like journaling for me and helps me remember our trip :). Maybe some of them will be inspirational for landscape quilts!


This is Rainbow Falls.  I am no photographer, by any means, but I do like to experiment with different "frames" when I'm taking pictures, therefore I have several pictures of the same waterfall.  Two are shown here.


We went to Volcano National Park which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Everything about it was beautiful and fascinating.


Heading inside Thursten Lava Tube.

We had to stop and buy flashlights.  We brought some with us, as my husband had read up and was prepared, but our luggage arrived 24 hours after we did.  Thankfully we only missed it for one day - we were happy to see it when it did arrive!


We stood less than a mile from the world's largest lava lake!  We could see the lava splashing up the sides.



This is Akaka Falls.  It has a straight fall of 442 feet - twice the height of Niagara Falls.

I'll share some more photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment