Thursday, August 24, 2017

Embroidery Guild


The Embroidery Guild event at the library yesterday was amazing! Laura and her crew set up a beautiful display in the community room and one could walk around and enjoy all different types of embroidery.  In the evening there were three mini lectures, on history, needles and beadwork - also very interesting!

I snapped a few photos which I'll share today and tomorrow.  I wish I'd taken a picture of the whole room so you could see how wonderful it looked but I just ended up with close-ups.



This Brazilian Embroidery quilt was made by Laura.  It give me great ideas on how to put my Brazilian Embroidery blocks together.


Another quilt by Laura, with a lot of dimensional appliqué and embroidery.



There was a display of Japanese Sashiko work...



And wool appliqué....


And many other types of embroidery - some I hadn't even heard of!

I'll share some more pictures tomorrow!


Do these fabrics look good together?  If not - which one/ones should go?
Thanks for your help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment