Friday, August 4, 2017

Helicopter Ride

Here is a wrap up of the vacation photos!  Are you breathing a sigh of relief? :)
My husband signed me up for a helicopter ride without my consent....  Luckily it turned out to be really fun and I didn't throw up so he's not in trouble!  In fact, it was such a smooth ride, I could hardly even tell we were moving! And we saw parts of the island we never would have seen any other way.
Here you can really see the lava rock right up next to the lush green.


We saw dozens of HUGE waterfalls along the cliffs - so pretty.  These were taken out of the window of the helicopter so there is some reflection.




You can see another waterfall here, right on the cliff, falling into the ocean.


As I mentioned, there are several climate zones on the Big Island, we saw rain forest, farm and ranch lands and desert, in a one hour ride!


A side note:
I found out that the hairy thimble that Phyllis gave me is seal skin (from Alaska).  I took it to my miniature quilt group meeting and one of the gals knew exactly what it was!


This is the LDS Temple in Kailua- Kona.

It was a fun and relaxing trip!!  I'm getting back into the swing of things here at home again and hope to start quilting some quilts soon - maybe tomorrow!


ALOHA!!

Have a nice day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment