Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Quilt Show Taping

Yesterday I spent the whole day in Denver at The Quilt Show taping and what a treat! I had such a good time.  I arrived at 8:00 in the morning and one of the first people I saw was Connie from Arizona, who my friends and I had met when we went to the taping last August!  This year Wendy and Marion couldn't go with me, so it was nice to see a familiar face right away.  I also met Ginger from CO Springs, who was also at the same show we were at last August, and  I met a nice couple from Missouri who had flown out just for the taping.  We had a lot of fun catching up and getting to know one another before we ever went into the studio! (Connie also gave me some great tips on English Paper Piecing!)

 I have to say that Alex Anderson and her husband John, and Ricky Tims and Justin go out of their way to make the whole experience fun for the audience.  John Anderson especially works hard all day to keep us entertained.  He tells stories and shows quilts (which I got pictures of!) and tells us when to clap and how to clap and when to stop :). It's all great fun.  We had a really nice audience yesterday too - fun people to get to know and interact with.

They also give a way a lot of prizes, and freebies from their sponsors, keep us supplied with cookies and water, and yesterday a few lucky audience members were able to go into the control room to watch them taping segments from that viewpoint.
At lunch time I went out to eat with all of my new best friends who I felt like I'd know forever - isn't that how it is with quilters?  It doesn't matter where you're from, there is just an instant friendship and connection.
I will be sharing more pictures and stories this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment