Tuesday, October 17, 2017

New Books


I recently picked up a couple of new quilting books that I thought I would share.  This one is by Angela Walters, whose quilting truly inspires me.  She has several great books, including the two Shape by Shape books, which are my favorites. Plus she has a lot of free demo videos on YouTube and a couple of Craftsy classes.  She is the star of the Midnight Quilt Show (free - online), which is about a 20 minute show every couple of weeks.  She is a great teacher and I feel like my quilting has improved by learning from her books and videos.

Check out her website!

http://www.quiltingismytherapy.com/




Bethanne Nemesh was recently on The Quilt Show and I was so inspired by her beaded cording technique (I'm not sure that's what she calls it :) that I ordered her book "The Devil is in the Details - The Art of Fine Finishing Touches). I am excited to learn more about this technique and try it on a future quilt!  There are other edge finishing techniques in the book as well.  I don't know about you, but usually by the time I get to the edge of the quilt I'm ready to just sew a plain old binding on and call it good.  This will be a nice challenge for me. Find out more about Bethanne at: http://www.whitearborquilting.com/store/index.html



I also ordered some Christmas fabric and an ornament pattern from Lynette Anderson:

 http://www.lynetteandersondesigns.com.au

I need to make a few handmade ornaments for some ornament exchanges I'm involved in this year and these looked fun and cute to me!


What have you been working on lately?  Are you thinking Christmas yet?

Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment