Thursday, April 26, 2018

Animals in Quilts


My daughter Michelle went with us to the quilt show in Paducah and then to Nashville.  I learned something new about her that I didn't know before - she doesn't like animals or people on quilts!  She is a faithful reader of my blog, so as a favor to her I grouped all of the animal quilts together and tomorrow I will group the people quilts - so she can skip two days of blog reading - haha!  Although.... she does have a thing for sheep....

Moms and Babes - a group quilt by The Village Quilters from London, TN, quilted by Cathy Witt


Above is Deceptive Markings by Sue de Vanny from Australia



Oops!  This quilt has a person and an animal!

Dear My Dog
by Keiko Aso, Japan




Above: Endangered, The Lemur's Tale
by Maria Ferri Cousins, New York




You have to love this quilt - Ally's Apps by Pauline Salzman, Florida

If your dog had a cell phone, would these apps be on it?




Above: Lovin' On Old Moses
by Sue Turnquist, Georgia




Saw Who Owl by Yvette Sullivan, Canada


These quilts were both made by Masanobu Miyama, from Japan.  One is a large wall quilt (above) and the other - Animal Kingdom of Nagano - was in the miniature category!  When I saw the miniature, which is behind a glass case, hence the light reflections, I thought it looked SO familiar.  Then I realized I'd just seen a larger version and had to go take another look!

Is your sewing room/quilt studio in need of Spring Cleaning?  There is a "Spring Clean Your Studio Blog Hop 2018" going on right now!  You can "visit" a new studio everyday and get tips and tricks on cleaning and organizing your own.  To find out more about it head to:
http://muppin.com/wordpress/index.php/blog/
Now off to clean my studio!  Or... maybe I'll do some stitching first...

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...I do have a thing for sheep though:) thanks for the consideration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t know that about Michelle either!

    ReplyDelete