Thursday, April 12, 2018

Marilyn Badger at CWQG

Last night I attended a lecture/trunk show by Marilyn Badger at Colorado West Quilt Guild.  She told us how she got started in quilting, was a pioneer in the longarm quilting industry and about her 15 year collaboration with quilter Claudia Clark Myers.  It was a very interesting presentation and her quilts are jaw dropping.  I took some pictures, but they do not do the quilts justice.  Even sitting in the audience seeing them from afar was not good enough -you had to get up close for a good look at her amazing quilting and finishing details.
What a fun and inspiring presentation!!




I did get some detail pictures later in the evening and I'm trying to pair them with the larger picture of the quilt, so you can see her amazing quilting.


The borders in this quilt are not appliquéd!  They were quilted, then painted!



Most of this quilt is painted too, after the quilting designs were in place.  I think she said the corners are fabric and the designs in the middle on the peach fabric are painted.









Wait, there's more!  I will share a few more pictures tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment