Sunday, April 29, 2018

Miniature Quilts = WOW!!


The miniature quilt category at the AQS show in Paducah was amazing to say the least.  It was all behind glass, as you can see in this picture, so the photos all have a bit of reflection on them, but they were all at eye level so you could really get an up close look at the teeny tiny details of these fabulous quilts.  Enjoy!  I still pick my jaw up off the floor whenever I look at them.

(I didn't even take pictures of them all - this was a nice, big show of little quilts!)

 These are tiny 1/4 inch hexies....





 These yo-yos are 1/4 inch!!


I'm counting 41 - 1/8 inch "logs" in each block, then look at the pieced border!!  Oh my....



Tiny, perfect, hand appliqué 



Close ups of the tiny, perfect machine quilting on Philippa Naylor's




A close up of Lucia Souza's above - I believe this one is all made by hand

Have you picked yourself up off the floor yet?  I love the miniature category!

The Spring Clean Your Studio Blog Post today is Heather Pregger at:
https://heatherquilts.blogspot.com

I must say these blog posts have inspired me to do some Spring cleaning, and not just in my sewing studio.  However in my sewing studio yesterday, I sorted through all of my wool, all of my Millefiori fabric (that's what I'm calling it right now :) and cleaned off my cutting table!  I'm feeling much more inspired to get in there and get to work on my projects!

1 comment: