Sunday, June 10, 2018

Pinning Day



Yesterday, after having a wonderful time at Sew Savvy at Hi Fashion, I spent most of the afternoon pinning quilts.

I pinned the heck out of my Woodland Whimsy quilt, trying to get it to lay nice and flat.

I pinned the black and white mystery quilt with the pieced back that I made through Hi Fashion this year (hmm... too bad I didn't have it ready for show and tell!  I'll share some wonderful photos from show and tell tomorrow!)

And I pinned my Dream Big flower!  I am doing this one specifically to practice my machine quilting!  Jackie and Lorraine got me excited about trying this - Jackie has hers done already :)




I also pinned the Wedding Ring quilt that I'm quilting for my Aunt.  A big thanks to my husband for helping me close all of those safety pins.  After pinning four quilts my back was pretty tired.








Here is a picture of someone else's Dream Big flower quilt.  It looks fun doesn't it??







I've been reading Katie Fowler's book called "An Artist's Journey Through Wonderland."  It's been very interesting!  She talks about "creativity crushers" and she says that Comparison is the "mother ship of all creativity crushers."
She said comparison sets up a system where someone must "win" and someone must "lose".  "This system is not productive.  It is different from competition...Competition is a relationship in which all parties are consciously trying to win over all the other competitors.  Comparison is an exchange.  If I am better, you are worse.  I exchange my worth for yours.  It's totally unproductive."
She says, "Comparison sucks all the joy out of everything: the group, the creative process and the feeling of accomplishment. Stop it.  Just stop it.  Now that you know comparison for what it really is, you can begin to recognize and avoid it; taking a huge first step toward vanquishing the creativity crushing mother ship.  Comparison, like nose picking, is a bad habit and it can be changed."
Another quote from her book:  SELF - ACCEPTANCE IS PARAMOUNT TO SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS.
Have a GREAT day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your quilts, they are so lovely! The woodland whimsy quilt is so so precious.

    ReplyDelete