Saturday, June 16, 2018

The Splendid Sampler 2

Do you need a new project?  Haha!  The answer to that for most of us is no.... but!  if you like sew alongs, this one might be for you!
I learned on The Inbox Jaunt, http://theinboxjaunt.com/2018/06/14/the-splendid-sampler-2-begins-today/
that The Splendid Sampler 2 is huge quilt-along featuring six inch blocks designed by 80 quilt designers.  It is organized by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. Apparently they did this once before and it was so successful they're doing it again!

What is appealing about it to me is:
1) I like samplers because I don't enjoy making the same block over and over again.
and
2) It will be a great way to use fabric I already have!  My husband will probably like that reason too :)
Anyway, I've downloaded the first pattern.  It started last Thursday and there will be a new pattern every Thursday until December 6th, then if you want to continue you will need to buy the book.  I'm trying to decide if I should jump in and and do it or not!  What are you waiting for?  Go get started here!:
https://www.thesplendidsampler.com



I took a few show and tell photos at the CWQG meeting on Wednesday evening.  I know this one was made by Eddy.  I can't remember who made the quilt pictured below but it's so cute!



Brenda made this cute little quilt for her grand baby.









And Sheila made the lovely quilt pictured below.  It didn't feel like 100 degrees outside when we looked at the snowy scenes in this quilt!

Hope you're staying cool!  Keep on quilting!

1 comment: