Wednesday, January 16, 2019

An Unusual Edge



I've been working on quilting my Millefiori quilt for the past several days.  With the way I am finishing the edge, I was not able to quilt right up to the edge as I usually do, which is kind of driving me crazy.  However, I completed the quilting that I could, and today began finishing the edge, then I will go back and finish the quilting - a little backwards from the way I usually do it!

First I had to carefully cut the batting even with the quilt top.




Then I had to carefully cut the backing 3/8 of an inch wider than the quilt top, so I could fold the backing over the batting to make the back edge even with the top and now I'm painstakingly doing a ladder stitch around the whole outer edge!

A couple of Hallmark movies later and I'm about half way done!  ðŸ˜Š


Tomorrow I will be teaching embellishment stitches at Black Sheep Handworx Studio - perhaps I'll see you there!  Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment