Saturday, January 19, 2019

Finished!!





I finished my Millefiori quilt!!  I'm so excited - and I'm happy with the way it turned out!!  I had a lot of fun making and quilting it.  Doing the edge was a little tedious but it was worth it.

I quickly realized that the quilting was not going to show too much, but if you get up close you can see it.



Since the quilting doesn't show much, I used the opportunity to try out (and practice) a lot of designs from these three books by Angela Walters - you know - my quilting hero 😊


I had fun, fun, fun playing around with different quilting designs!  If I got bored with one, I would switch to something else!


 I also loved using this array of Aurafil threads.  I used Aurafil in the bobbin too - a lavender color.  I will take a picture of the back and share tomorrow.  It's a really pretty fabric Lorraine helped me pick out at Hi Fashion.

At the CO West Quilt Guild meeting in February we are having our Annual School House meeting where the members will rotate to four different demonstrations about 15 minutes long each.  I will be demonstrating English Paper Piecing and showing my quilt, which is one of the reasons I was working so hard to finish it!

I especially love these Aurafil threads that have a slight varigation to them - it's very subtile but quilts so nicely.  The batting I used is Dream Cotton Request.


NOW I am quilting Homegrown, my Sue Spargo block of the month.  No pictures allowed until her book comes out in the Spring, but it's oh so cute!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment