Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tidying Up



This is the backing fabric for my Millefiori quilt!  I just love it - it's so pretty.  I started thinking about how many places I worked on that quilt.  Since it was all pieced by hand, I took bits and pieces of it pretty much everywhere we went this year - car trips, airports etc.  Pieces of this quilt have been a lot of places!

Everyone keeps raving about Marie Kondo's new series about Tidying Up on Netflix, using her Konmari method.
https://konmari.com
I read her book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, a couple of years ago and at that time I went through my clothes AND my sewing room! (My sewing room took about three days!)
My husband and I decided to check out the show this weekend and ended up going through our board games.  Our family loves to play board games, but they were getting out of hand and we needed to part with some that don't get played with that often.  So we pulled them ALL out of the cupboards where they are stored and sorted through....


We ended up with a couple of nicely organized board game storage areas!  We got rid of about 16 games!  Some will go live at our children's houses, so they will continued to be enjoyed 😊

It was kind of fun!  Am I ready to tackle my clothes and sewing room again?  I don't know yet....  I'll have to think about it!

Here is what Laura Wasilowski (http://artfabrik.com) recently said about tidying up:


"Recently, I tried to be tidy and make art at the same time. Turns out I spent so much time worrying about be orderly I couldn’t make a darn thing!

Like a bad headache, being tidy dulls creativity. And not only does tidiness distract from art making, it is exhausting. I had to sit down, drink a pot of tea, and eat 5 cookies to gain back my strength. 

That is why I’m against the being tidy movement.


On the other hand, I did manage to rearrange my sock drawer and discovered seven mate-less socks. They seemed very happy so I left them in the drawer."


Happy Quilting!  Or Organizing!  Or whatever you're doing!! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment