Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day!!


I receive the Superior Threads newsletter and this week their newsletter honored:
 "The Man Behind the Quilt." 
"There are many good men who provide moral support, encouragement and even a helping hand to quilters. We want to highlight a few who have done so in extraordinary ways. "


I have to say that my husband is definitely one of those men behind the quilts!  He is very supportive of my passion for quilting and has been since the get-go.  He's never complained about how much my sewing machine(s) cost, or how much I spend on fabric and he even goes out of his way to find quilt stores for me to visit when we are traveling!  Wow!  He has on occasion accompanied me to a quilt show, although you will often find him reading in the husband's lounge, or out biking or golfing.  But he  has stood in lines for me while I shopped in Houston (I know, that made so many ladies jealous!) and he is always the CEO (Carry Everything Out).  He is also a faithful reader of my quilting blog - so here is a very big thank you to Mike, my man behind the quilts!!  Love you!! 💋💗
He recently sent me a picture of the quilt above.  He works in radiology so all of the images on this quilt definitely drew his attention. Maybe it's a hint and he wants one! Hmmmm......


Another wonderful man in my life is my own Dad, who also was a man behind the quilt for my Mom!  He was always supportive of her passion for quilting and her many talents.  He built her a custom made sewing cabinet and built in wall cabinets to store her "stash" and drove her to quilting meetings and events when she no longer could drive herself.  He's always been there for me with advice and encouragement and help when I needed it too. I'm so grateful to have him in my life!  I'm a lucky girl who has a wonderful Dad and a wonderful husband, both of whom are good examples to my sons.  Love you Dad!! 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment