Sunday, August 18, 2013

Vacation!

 You may have noticed (or not!) that I haven't posted anything on my blog for a couple of weeks.  My husband and I just returned from a trip to the British Isles!  He had a continuing education meeting on board the Ocean Princess.  The meeting was all day on the two "at sea" days, but the rest of the time we got to sight see and enjoy each place the ship stopped.
Although this is a quilting blog, I will indulge a little bit and document some of our travels.
I tried to take some interesting photos of unique architecture and designs that we saw along the way too, that I thought would be of interest to quilters.  With all of the history in this part of the world, there is no shortage of amazing old buildings with intricate designs.
We flew into London and took a bus to Dover where we began our cruise.  Here is a picture of the Dover Castle and the White Cliffs of Dover, taken from the deck of the Ocean Princess as we embarked on the cruise.  Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment