Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Annie's Thimble Collection


My friend Annie, who lives just down the street, and is in my Little Bits miniature quilt group, has a wonderful collection of thimbles which inspired me to start my collection.

I had to post these pictures of her display case, made by her son-in-law Jeff!  Annie said that she gave Jeff a bag of old wooden thread spools and this is what he made with them!  It is really quite amazing.  From what I understand he is a very talented wood worker.  I have seen some of the other beautiful items he has made.

Here is a close-up of the frame and corners. He cut the spools into whatever shapes he needed to fit them together.

Annie has a wonderful collection of thimbles, some beautiful ones for display only, and many very old, but useful thimbles as well.  In her collection, as with mine, each one has a special memory attached to it.
I had to take a picture of these signs!  "Annie's a-Quiltin" and "Al's a-Cookin".  Al, who is Annie's 92 year old husband, is indeed the cook at their house which does give Annie more time to go a-quiltin! He has a big garden he tends to as well.  They are such a fun couple!  I see Al out walking everyday. He compiled a book of his Cowboy Poetry and gave each of us Little Bits ladies a copy.  It is even more fun to hear him recite the poems in person, by memory.  They are amazing, both of them, and we love them!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool for Annie's thimble collection.
    From Sherida

    ReplyDelete