Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Big Scary Monsters

 There are big scary Monsters under the bed,
And every night they must be fed.
They love to eat fabric, it's their favorite food,
It puts them in the very best mood.
So the lesson is clear, consider your plight,
Keep buying more fabric or be dinner tonight!

I made this quilt several years ago and it was my first venture into Back Basting Hand Appliqué.  I learned the technique from a magazine article by Jeanna Kimball.  I love this method- it makes needle turn appliqué so easy!  The poem above is machine satin stitched around the border of the wall hanging.  I made the quilt 3/4 the size of the original "Monster Quilt" pattern.  Right now this is hanging in my sewing room just for fun - although there is plenty of fabric in there for the Monsters to eat.  I don't need to buy anymore at the moment!



I had a lot of fun embellishing this quilt too, which was also new to me at the time.  I looked at the label so I could write exactly when I made it and guess what?  I DID put a label on it this time, but I did NOT put the date I completed the quilt on the label!  Ah!  I need to get so much better at labeling my quilts.  I'm learning a good lesson here ....

No comments:

Post a Comment