Thursday, September 19, 2013

Second Favorite Store

Yesterday we went to visit my son in Denver and Mike ask if there was anything I wanted to do while we there.  I said, "Yes!  I want to go to The Container Store!"  I was probably absurdly excited to go to this store.  It must be because it is my inherent nature to be "organized".  It is almost a joke in the family because it seems like that is the nicest thing people can think of to say about me - that I am organized.  OK, I will accept that and hope it is a compliment!  Once when my Denver son was in elementary school he made me a little Mother's Day bookmark with the letters M-O-M going down the side and a word using those
letters going across.  The three words he chose were:  Marvelous (love that one), Organized (heard that one before), and Makes Good Food (not sure that one is true).  Even at the tender age of about seven, that is one of the nicest things he could think of to say about his Mom :)  I don't think I'm obsessively organized (OK maybe a little) but I do like containers!  I say this is my second favorite store because my first favorite is of course any and all quilting stores.  I do love buying fabric even more than I love buying containers.  But I love buying containers more than I love buying clothes, or even food.....
Luckily my hubby likes containers too!  He was quite happy to go along with me, much happier than he would have been in a quilting store!  Here he is pushing our cart full of lovely containers (more on those tomorrow :)
After our delightful trip to The Container Store, which is awesome, you must go sometime - we went to the Denver Library and got library cards.  Now we can BORROW e-books!  Just download them on the Kindle app for three weeks!  I was very excited about this because besides loving fabric and being organized, I also love to read!  Thanks to my smart son for this great tip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment