Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Judith Baker Montano

Last Wednesday in Houston, Michelle and I took an all day class from Judith Baker Montano called "Embellishments, Embellishments!" Judith is known for her Crazy Quilts and her painted scenes embellished with all kinds of flowers and plant life. Here are some samples she brought to class.


This sample is what we were making in class. She had made kits for each of us filled with the background silk fabric ironed on stabilizer and lots of threads and silk ribbon. She mentioned several times how much she hates to make kits. There were 36 in our class and she was teaching all week so I'm sure she was sick of making them!



She also brought her luscious supply of ribbons and threads for us to purchase if we chose to. I had to buy one to try that wasn't in our kit.


Here is Michele getting ready for class to start. It was a long day, but hand stitching is relaxing to me and we really learned a lot.


You can learn more about Judith, and the workshops she offers at her studio in La Veta Colorado, at www.judithbakermontano@me.com





And here is mine, so far! I think I will add more to it and make it into a journal cover or something like that. Some of these stitches I knew, but many were new to me and fun to learn.


Since the class was so big, we would divide into two groups to go up and get instruction. She was very organized.


TaDa! Our projects so far! Fun class and an enjoyable day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment