Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cub Scouts

Have you ever wondered what to do with your child's old cub scout shirts, neckerchiefs, ties and awards?  Turn them into a quilt!  I made this one for my youngest son several years ago.  I used parts of his shirt, and the three neckerchiefs.  The corner fabric is white with the words to The Pledge of Allegiance on it.  The quilt hanger is an arrow from his Arrow of Light award and I sewed on his patches and badges from his years as a cub scout.  It is a fun way to remember those years.  On the back, on the label, is a picture of my son in his uniform.  I presented a program once on Memory Quilts.  This definitely qualifies!
What kind of memory quilts have you made?

I'm heading upstairs now to see what I can accomplish in my sewing room today!  Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment