Thursday, February 13, 2014

Guild Meeting


We had a great guild meeting last night.  A couple of people, including Phyllis (shown here) came up and showed me their finished Sashiko pieces from the program I did last month.  Phyllis turned hers into a pin cushion.  She also showed a pile of baby blankets and afghans she had made for a great, great grand nephew.  She had knitted the baby a sweater as well.  She is very talented!

This quilt was shown at Show and Tell and I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the lady who showed it.  She said she's been a member of the guild a year and this is the first quilt she's shown.  I just think it's SO pretty, with all the bright, fun colors.
I want to get the Drunkard's Path AccuQuilt die and try to make a quilt similar to this.

Lorraine showed off this amazing quilt that she made.  I just love the colors in this too.  It just makes you happy to look at it.  She said the guild's next raffle quilt will be made from this same pattern.

The program was presented by Ruth Feild and it was fantastic!  She set up a beautiful display and talked about her quilting journey over the years.  Ruth was very instrumental, along with my mother, in getting me started in quilting about 20 years ago.  I remember her trying to teach me, as our less than one year old sons played together!

I will post some pictures of Ruth's program tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment