Saturday, March 29, 2014

Batik Quilts


I ran into a friend today and she told me she saw a batik quilt I had shown at SSQ's show and tell quite awhile ago.  She described it to me and wanted to see it again.  I have made a few batik quilts, so I am going to post photos of them for Susan and hopefully one of these is the one she was thinking of, and the one she wants to see - because I can't remember!

This quilt was a block of the month for CWQG designed by Jan Warren back in 2008.  I half-sized it, so mine is a wall hanging and there are quite a few batik fabrics in it.  The block arrangement is my own design.  I really like the colors!

A batik baby quilt I made and gave to someone!  I like to take pictures of all the quilts I make and I do not remember who received this one. I hope that baby, who is probably a toddler by now, is enjoying it :)

This batik throw size quilt, that I made in 2009, now resides in Germany. My son took it and gave it to his host family when he was a foreign exchange student there.

I don't think this is the one Susan was thinking of because it is a queen size batik quilt that I gave to my niece Kacey (on the left).  That's my daughter Michelle on the right :)

I hope one of these is the one Susan wanted to see!

Tomorrow I will post about the FUN open sew I went to yesterday, hosted by Laura Pedge of Laura's Home.  I had a delightful time :)

1 comment:

  1. Darnit ! None of those look like the one that I am remembering. I do remember that it was shown on the morning of the Rendezvous last year. Thanks for looking Karen !

    ReplyDelete