Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Little Bit of Fun!


Today my miniature quilt group, the Little Bits, met at Annie's.  We had a lot of fun together, as we always do!  We began with Show and Tell.
Here Annie shows a couple of lap quilts that she recently finished - gifts for her daughters' birthdays.  She has a really cute ice cream cone quilt on the quilting frame that her Thursday Hand Quilters are helping her quilt.  She said we could look at it as long as we didn't drool on it.  The ice cream cones did look delicious!


Eleanor finished this cute baby quilt for her new great-granddaughter!  It is made with a panel and fabrics from the new Adorn-It line.


Sherida is working on the monthly minis and finished February's!  She fused the binding, like Laura Wasilowski does!  I have not tried that technique yet...

Leota is working on one of Laura Pedge's designs out of wool. She is almost finished with it.  In the picture below you can see the detail of her stitches and the cute buttons.  Nice work!



June made these cute frogs!  These brought back memories because I remember having/making these way back when I was a kid!  She said the pattern was dated 1968, so it was a trip down memory lane for sure.  I can't remember if my Mom made them or if I helped or what - I just remember really liking them.  I will have to ask my Mom if she remembers making them - I'm sure she does.  These were so popular today that June offered to bring the pattern and help us make some next month :)


June also brought three wool pin cushions that she had made. We kept teasing her that these might not make it bag into her bag.  They do look good enough to eat!



Tomorrow I will share some pictures of the "No-sew Fabric Folded" ornaments that Bobbi taught us how to make today.  It was a fun-filled afternoon for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment