Saturday, September 6, 2014

Wool Gatherers

I went to Wool Gatherer's Club on Thursday afternoon.  It was SO nice to sit and stitch and relax with friends.  I had a very enjoyable afternoon.  I did not however work on a wool project - I worked on my monthly minis - but at least I was productive!
A class member, Becky, brought show and tell and shared this GORGEOUS wool piece that she made.  She does such beautiful work - it's amazing.  I was very interested in how she framed it because she did it herself.  She said she used the glass, but put a piece of batting over the top of it and then her wool piece over the top of that, taped the back down with some packing tape so it stays nice and smooth and then assembled the whole thing into the frame.  So the wool piece is on top and not covered by the glass.  What a great idea!  I am going to have to try this.  Awhile back I took a very small Brazilian embroidery piece to have it framed professionally and it cost a fortune.  This piece of Becky's is large, probably 16x20 and it looks as good if not better than the one I had framed.  I am definitely going to have to try it myself!  Thanks for sharing Becky!

No comments:

Post a Comment