Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fabric Postcards

I haven't been in my sewing room much, but I have been working on hand appliqué, trying to finish up the borders on my TQS block of the month quilt.  I'm getting close!

Since I have nothing to really show in the way of accomplishments this week, I thought I would share some fabric postcards that I made several years ago.


I joined a fabric postcard exchange online and made over 25 postcards to send all over the world and received 25 postcards from all over the world.  It was really fun!  Part of the fun was picking out unique stamps. If I remember correctly, mine were Disney themed stamps.  Then I wrote a message on the back to each recipient and sent them off, just like a postcard.


I used some paper piecing patterns for inspiration on some of my postcards.  Those - like this one - were very time consuming.





The funnest and easiest to make were when I just cut and fused fun designs.  I got this Christmas tree idea from a book on fabric postcards, but on some - as in the pictures below - I just cut shapes and played around with them.


Tomorrow I will share some of the postcards I received.  It was a great treat every time I received one in the mail.

Anyone making their holiday cards this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment