Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Three Quilts in One at Houston



Check out this video of this amazing quilt that won Viewer's Choice at the Houston Quilt Festival this year.  I saw this video on The Daily Blog on The Quilt Show's website:
http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/page/2
The quilt is called Frame of Mind by Flora Joy of Johnson City, Tennessee.  It's incredible and I would love to know how she made this!  It would also be fun to see this quilt in person sometime.  I am sure it will be in other shows - I will have to keep my eye out for it!  In her artist's statement she said she thought of this concept while sitting at a traffic light and studying a revolving billboard.  Very smart and clever. I am amazed.  You can read more of her artist's statement on the TQS website by following the link above.  Have an AMAZING day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment